Pages

Orange as a Colour Energy

S

Crystal jewellery seen is part of "The Elemental Collection" that I design and hand-make, all pieces available in my Online Store.
 Jumper: Mink Pink @ Market HQ   |   Heels: Betts   |   Crystals Necklaces, Cuffs, Ring: MojoMade   |   Zodiac Leo Bracelet: Tara Wolf Chakra   |   Skull Ring: Lotus Mendes   |   Hat: General Pants


Did you know that many blind people are able to differentiate colours by passing their fingers or hands over an object, actually feeling the quality of the colour? Pretty amazing, right?

Colours energies and all the psychology that goes along with it totally fascinates me and from time to time I find myself exploring the subject a little more. At the moment I am completely surrounded by orange (which may explain why I want to eat all the time - apparently orange stimulates the appetite!). My Mac-book cover is orange and so is my iPad cover. I have orange lamps in the house and am on a never-ending search for orange clothing! I can't explain it... Or can I?

Since I got together with my man six years ago, I've had a growing attraction to the colour orange and in researching my new colour crush I came across the book Colour Energy by Inger Naess. It turns out that in the colour world, I am VIOLET and he is ORANGE

In reading about what all this colour stuff means, I've discovered a bunch of reasons why I'm so attracted to the colour orange (and my boy) so much...


The color psychology of orange is optimistic and uplifting, rejuvenating our spirit. 
Orange brings spontaneity and a positive outlook on life 
With its enthusiasm for life, the color orange relates to adventure and risk-taking, inspiring physical confidence, competition and independence. Those inspired by orange are always on the go!
Orange aids in the assimilation of new ideas and frees the spirit of its limitations, giving us the freedom to be ourselves. 


SO! Put some orange in your life when you want:
            • to spice things up when you feel time is dragging
            • to become more involved in something
            • to increase creativity
            • relief from things becoming too serious

If you're interested in exploring colour energies more, I suggest looking here, here, and here.






S
 

Most Reading